Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Seventeen Year Old Amazon Profile

I believe I joined Amazon around 2002 and created this profile around the same time.  It's past time for an update, but I wanted to be sure to make a copy of my old bio block first as it will show you the life I once lived...
Hi! I'm Ainsley Jo Phillips, a 'Heinz 57' freelance writer born, raised, and still living just south of Anderson, Indiana. I live in a converted barn--a work in progress--that I'm turning into an oversized enchanted cottage. My folks live a few feet away in the house we had custom-built in 1967. Originally, we lived in the house that came with the farm when we bought it back in 1954, but we sold that and a large lot around it to another family. I cringe at some of the horrible stuff that many people call 'adventure' (e.g. bungee-jumping, roller-coasters, paintball games, etc. and the even worse ones like substance abuse, head-banging, crowd-jumping), but I would still describe myself as adventurous, especially, when it comes to meeting new people, travel, food (though no raw fish or catmeat for me), and the creative arts (but, in my book, adventure is no excuse for smut). I'm active in my church (Colonial UMC, 538 E. 31st. Street--come visit sometime!)and believe that church service is a 24/7 thing that goes way beyond the walls of my chosen house of worship. My motto is simple: W.W.J.D.? I rejoice at any sign that the American Dream and genuine childhood still has blossoms and vines running through our contemporary chaos. I am not--and refuse to--become a cynic!

As you can see if you read THIS
, I have my own longing for a return to times like this yet celebrating my present life as well...Definitely had the blues yesterday but feel better today.