Monday, July 8, 2019

Pig 'n' Bling (And A Little Ringo)

First, the Bling...

Yeah!  I know the title of this is Pig 'n' Bling (And A Little Ringo), but that doesn't mean that I'll be presenting each one in the same order.  I think I'm going to mix things up at bit just because I can and just because they will give this blog-entry the best presentation.

I was actually going to have this blog-entry posted right on Ringo's 79th Birthday and on the grand-opening day of Casey Croy Laub's five dollar Bling store, but I've been having a lot of things going on that I won't go into here except to say that they all seem to be coming at me at the same time.

Some of them are things that elate me.  Others are things that could deflate me -- though I'm determined not to let that happen, and I'm (as that familiar song goes) getting by with a little help from my friends.

Do you know that tomorrow will be the 44th anniversary of when that song was sung to me in a way that I'll never forget by a puppy dog of a man named Mark!?!

The first full week of July is a celebration week for me because, in 1975, I borrowed either 20 cents or a dime from Mark so I could get an orange out of the vending machine on campus as the bookstore wasn't open to where I could break a $20 (one of those Harriet-Andrew bills that was simply an Andrew bill at that time).


It turned out that the bookstore opened up sooner than I thought it would, so I went and got some change so I could pay Mark back.

He kept telling me not to worry about it, so I finally convinced him to at least sit at the table in the canteen and share the orange with me.

He told me that he had recently been screwed over by several people, so he wanted to get to know someone better who was so intent on paying back such a small amount.

We became lab-partners for the class and forever friends for life -- and it was on July 9 (Aunt Kate's 46th birthday -- and the 28th birthday of some guy whose nickname is the short version of orange juice) that Mark brought his "gee-tahr" with him so that he could dedicate that song to me.

Anyway...back to Ringo and Casey...at least, I had time to give both of them a shout-out right on the day (July 7, 2019) over at Facebook -- and this entry is still up-to-date, as Casey's still wanting people to know about her store and Ringo is still promoting peace, love, and music.

So, just click on the item I've embedded right below this one to find out more about the Bling.  After that comes Ringo, and after that comes the Pig.

Are we having fun yet!?!




Next, A Little Ringo...

I'm happy to report that I DID remember Ringo's birthday and celebrated it at noon with messages of peace and love.

As I've said in the second status report in this section, I think that Ringo out to get to know my special friend, Larry, because they're so much alike in a lot of ways.

I think you should get to know him as well, so please click on that status report to find out about not just Larry the CanMan but, also, Pete the DogMan.




Finally, Here Comes The Pig...

If you happen to look to your left, you'll see a cute, little pig between the message:


Tips Are Greatly Appreciated

and a simple hyperlink:

Tip Jar

Do you wonder what would happen if you were to click on that hyperlink?

Would you automatically have a fixed amount of money come out of your bank account just for clicking on the link?

That would be rather scary -- and, in my opinion, wouldn't be right.

Therefore, this isn't what will happen.

Instead, it will take you to my PayPalMe address where, after logging in, you can (but only if you choose to) leave me a tip.

Thanks, in advance, for any, some, or all of the following:

1. Tipping me -- and being sure to mention that it's a gift or a tip

2.  Leave feedback in that memo that I've just mentioned.

3.  Share this blog-entry with others -- and encourage them to read other entries along with this one, as I write a blog in order to be read.

When you read other entries, you'll occasionally be treated to how I spend my tips -- for instance, I'm hoping to receive enough tips to get my minivan repaired, insured, tagged, etc. (in short, road-ready) a.s.a.p.  That would make a big difference of the positive kind in a lot of ways.

Anyway, that's all on this subject for right now.  Thanks for reading!!!