Monday, July 15, 2019

Melancholy Mood

I'm growing weary of not knowing where I stand with people and where I fit in...I believe that this is the storm before the rainbow, but I wish the rainbow would hurry up and get here...


I've been listening to oldies and remembering simpler times...







I'm just feeling hurt and lonesome at this time...as if I'm just in the way.

Like people are merely tolerating me and wishing I would just disappear.

Like nobody understands me anymore.

Like some people have gone from liking me to barely tolerating me.

I wish I could go home again.

John Pavlovitz summed it up so well here:

There is something missing now, and I keep hearing life's woes being blamed on immigrants (especially, dark-skinned ones) and other marginalized people -- and, at this time, I'm feeling marginalized myself.

There's just a lot going on in my life right now, and I've been seeing some people looking at me with scornful expressions on their faces and/or scornful tones in their voices.

This too shall pass, but I just needed to write this down.  I have feelings, too...


Don't think that you're above me and that a situation like mine will never happen to you.

Each of us has a story to tell.

Each journey is unique...

What I'm going through now isn't a lovelorn problem even though some of these songs are lovelorn songs, but it has to do with finding where I fit in otherwise and feeling kinda like this: