Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Gathering My Thoughts...

Tonight is Wednesday, August 6, 2014, and I'm, once more, at Krannert Memorial Library and decided to write a post just to try to catch everybody up along with keeping some of my latest entries current, as they're still relevant.

Category CanMan

An Entertaining Surprise

Because I Was Craving An Orange 39 Years Ago Today...

How I Spent My (Initial) Summer Vacation Of 2014

Ebony & Ivory (An Open Letter To President Obama)

Red-Tape Rant

Of course, there are updates to some of these links -- such as Larry's getting even closer to reaching that 10,000,000 milestone than he was the last time I posted something there.  I have a lot of catching up to do about him.

Also, at this time, J.T. has changed his performance schedule at Frisch's to every other Tuesday evening instead of the first three Tuesdays of each month.

I've put posting about my initial summer vacation on hold for awhile, as I've, since that time, had more of them and am, in fact, on my third one now.  In short, I've been too busy to write about my vacation time due to taking vacations.

Now, these aren't actually ritzy vacations -- just different opportunities I've had to leave Madison County for both the purpose of a much-needed change-of-scenery as well as getting various things done.  To say that finances are rather tight for these little outings would be a gross understatement -- but, yet, I always seem to end up with everything I need, if not everything I might want.  When I have the chance to have limitless access to the Internet, I'll begin creating more installments.  For now, however, I'm mostly doing individual posts that don't run as a series.

Ebony & Ivory... and Red-Tape Rant are about frustrations with the powers-that-be.

Okay!  Having said that, I'm happy to report that the month of July contained a lot of serendipity and that this has been (so far) even more true about the month of August.  I feel as if I'm starting to turn a few corners, so this blog will be starting to get more regular entries in it -- that is, when I can find time to write and post with all that's been going on.

Actually, I've been writing and posting quite a bit, but my area of doing this is widely-scattered.

One thing I've discovered is that I've actually come up with some new writing ideas as an indirect result of my situation of being homeless and without my own computer.  That's all I'm going to say for now...

Okay!  I'll say one more thing about this:  It will be a travel-writing project on which I'll be working even after I have a roof over in my head that doesn't move around on four balding tires.  LOL  And it's a really FUN project!!!  Right up my alley, so to speak!!!

Earlier today, I finished reading a great novel that I was able to buy yesterday for only two dollars, and I was able to do this with my lymphedemic legs elevated after managing to practically kill them by standing up to use this computer for too long of a stretch.  I'm pacing myself now.  In a little bit, I'm going to be giving my legs another rest after signing off for the night from the Internet.

Not sure if or when I'll be online tomorrow.  Likely, later in the day, as the first part of the day will be involving apartment-hunting.  Please keep me in your prayers, love, and positive thoughts...