Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Red-Tape Rant

At this time, I'm back in Anderson.

The latest report on Larry is that he's now only 57,345 tabs away from collecting 10,000,000 of them since 2003 for Indiana's Ronald McDonald House!  By now, he's even closer to that goal, because that was what he told me this morning when I dropped by to give him come cans and tabs, and I know he's probably done a considerable amount of counting throughout the day.

I wonder what day he'll count that 10,000,000 tab.  It should be sometime in August -- which is almost here!!!

July has been a very busy and exciting month for me as not only has it been a time of recognition of Larry's various missions but, also, has been a time when I've been able to take some mini-vacations that were both productive and gave me a much-needed change of scenery.

Anyway, I wrote a kind of rant for my last entry here (an open letter to President Obama), and, now, I'm going to give Frischy some recognition of her rant related to getting help for her special-needs daughter and running into a tangle of red-tape that would make unraveling Christmas lights look elementary in comparison.

Has the following (or something similar but geared to your own situation) ever happened to you?

Application to Apply

Bureaucracy at Work

Lost in the Phone Maze

My Brain is Fried


At the time of this writing, I don't know yet, but, if I were a betting woman, I would be betting that her phoning probably introduced her to a lot of silly little instrumental melodies during the time that she was put on hold -- but that's subject matter for a whole new piece of writing...