Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The "Don't Give Up!" Page



Today is Wednesday, January 23, 2019...

In the wee hours of the morning, I read a disturbing Tweet.

A woman was asking for prayer for a friend and her son -- the latter who was now in the hospital due to becoming suicidal.  The age of this struggling soul was given as twelve...

!!!TWELVE!!!

...so young to be feeling so hopeless...but, sadly, not TOO young to be feeling so hopeless.  I have actually read about several suicide attempts and completed suicides where the age of the child doing this is in the single digits -- even as young as FIVE.

We can ask ourselves...

????????????

????????????
...but there are no easy answers.

This is a blog-entry I'm going to be adding new content to for the next three years (that is, until January 23, 2022) unless either this blog ceases to exist (which I hope won't happen) or my time in this part of Eternity comes to a close (because it's time and not by my choosing to leave early...btw, having three digits in my age is on my bucket list, and, God willing, this will come to pass!!!).

Even after I'm no longer updating this blog-entry, it will still be growing, as I'll be adding links that will branch it out in various directions.

This is a blog-entry with the theme that life is worth living even when it doesn't seem that way.

Here is the number to reach National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:

1-800-273-8255  

Clicking on the above hyperlink I made will take you to a page where you can find out more about ways you can help and/or be helped.

As for this blog-entry...my plans are to fill it with comfort and encouragement.

I'm not sure just where I'll be going with this other than to say that it's my goal to share encouraging words with the very important message not to give up on life even when things appear hopeless.

You never know what's awaiting you just around the corner...

~~~~~~~

...