Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Celebrating My Cousin, Phil; Boston Terriers/Animal Rescue; Monopoly; & Aviation

This page will be added to through January 31, 2020
which will be the 75th Anniversary
of
the birth of my cousin
Phillip Thomas Alexander
Arrival:
January 31, 1945
Departure:
December 31, 2018



It's a little before 8 AM on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.

I'm excited about the brand new year that awaits me.

In many ways, it seems like one when several of my dreams will be coming true, but there's still this feeling of sadness that the last leaf on the tree has fallen and a chapter in the book of life as we know it has concluded -- yet, we can find comfort in knowing that new chapters will continue to be added to the book of Phil's life for so long as Eternity lasts (which is without end).

This is a year of promise and anticipation, and my prayer is that I'll be able to make as many positive differences as I possibly can -- with one of those being to write just the right words on this page to comfort and inspire all who read it.

............

Today is Friday, January 4, at a little after 12:30 in the afternoon, and I've just finished creating this TweetSequence and am adding it here.  I hope you'll take a look at it.  At this time, there are two pictures of Phil and several people writing tribute at his memorial site.

At this time, I need to run some errands, so I'll be adding my tribute later tonight after I'm settled in.

I have some old photos of him, too, but they're in storage and need to be turned into files, so it will likely be at least a few days before they get added...
............

Today is Sunday, January 6, at a little before 3 PM, and I'm adding this video that I find to be really well-put-together and captures Phil so well.

How the video begins and ends with the flight of a plane is so fitting as it had been Phil's dream to be a commercial airline pilot.  However, he couldn't qualify as such due to his weight even though  he was licensed to fly privately.

But he had gone to Purdue with dreams of graduating and flying all over the world.

Instead, his time at Purdue resulted in something even better:

becoming the perfect husband for Sandy and her becoming the perfect wife for him for over 52 years.

Mutual friends had fixed them up on a blind date because they knew that they were at least the perfect height for each other as Phil was over 6 feet tall while Sandy was 5'11".



On Thursday, October 17, 2019, Sandy peacefully joined Phil, Doug, and other loved ones (both human and non human) after taking a turn for the worse due to adding a broken neck to her other health issues.  Will be adding more information soon...


............

Today is Sunday, December 8, 2019, and I'm adding an important part of this tribute that I had actually put together almost a month ago but had gotten distracted and hadn't posted it here.  With the addition of this, you'll get to know much more about this precious family.


~~~~~~~~~~~~
???????
~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...