Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Six Chapters Of THE FAITH CLUB Finished...


Today is Wednesday, September 11, 2019, and I've been reading THE FAITH CLUB (The hyperlink to the left leads to the website for it) and have just finished Chapter 6 this morning.  I'm now at the library getting online for about a dozen more minutes and counting down before leaving for awhile to eat lunch.  Hope to be back here later today and will be adding more to this.

Will fill you in then on how I'm reading this book.  But I wanted to go ahead and share this much now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the afternoon of September 11, and I'm continuing to write this -- and here is what I plan to do:

Before I check out the website, I'm going to read the book as I want to take the journey with these women and their families without knowing what happens next.

After I do this, I'll be exploring their website to see where they're "at" 18 years after they were brought together by 9-11 to work on this much-needed project.

I'll jut say, in short that these three women have a clue, and I've already learned a lot after reading as far as I have.

I come to this as a compassionate and open-minded Christian and have learned new things about both the Jewish religion and the Muslim religion that I didn't know.

You will love these women and the journey that they began taking 18 years ago.

It's been -- and continues to be -- a time of spiritual growth for me!

Meeting their book came just at the right time and was actually the result of an inconvenience.

About a week ago, the ON/OFF switch on my home computer went on strike unexpectedly.  Until my goddaughter is able to fix it for me, I'm not online at home.

Anyway, I thought this would be a great time to start reading some "old-fashioned" hand-held books that were in the second-floor library where I live (not to be confused with Anderson Public Library where I go to get online), and I've been enjoying the great selection I'm finding there.

Yesterday, I noticed this book, and it seemed to be a wonderful reading choice for ANY time but, ESPECIALLY for NOW -- not only because of the 9-11 anniversary but, also, because of what's been happening in our government and its effect on people in the current time.

God knew that it was time for me to read this book and to shout it out to others!

This is all I'm going to say for now but will be adding to it in the days ahead...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is Saturday, September 14, at almost 3 PM, and I'm back at the library after finishing all but the last part of the book (and I've read through there quickly -- that is, scanned it).  Anyway -- long story short -- I've read enough of it to go to the next step of exploring their website and other connections to them (details later).

I have a lot to say about this book and the three women who started it all -- and it's all good!  For one thing, I'm going to be continuing to plug it as HIGHLY-recommended reading by using this blog-entry to shout it out here and there.

One read-through isn't going to be enough for me, either.

But time is short at the library today (closes at 5 PM) -- made even shorter by spending the first part of the day doing some grocery shopping -- so, I'm going to sign off of here for now and get some things done.  I pretty much know that I'll be at the library tomorrow afternoon when it's open from one until five, and I'm hoping to have a longer day on Monday (when it's open from 9:30 AM until 8 PM), though I might take a break to do some other things, too.

Anyway, I'm closing for now and hope to return later today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just returning later today to let you know that -- God willing and the creek don't rise -- I'll be back online tomorrow and will add more to it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Sunday afternoon at a little bit before two, and I've been in the library for about half an hour.

I'm realizing more and more how important it is that people will discover this book.

This is a short day here, as the library is only open until five today after opening at one.  I'll be starting to break camp around 4:30 when it comes to being online.  Today is a rainy day, but I might decide to walk around a bit after leaving the library.  Or I might just decide to go home.

Tomorrow will be a longer day (as I mentioned yesterday), and I plan on spending part of it in the library and part of it riding the bus to various destinations.  Not exactly sure how my day will go tomorrow.

At this point, I'm going to share my Timeline at Facebook as well as my Twitter Turf.  This will help you to know me better as well.

This is the time when I'll be visiting both of those places and seeing what's been going on...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I sign off for the day, I'd like to leave some links for you:

Priscilla's Twitter Turf 

and

Her Website

I have so much more to share, but this will do for now.

Have a blessed night...

I actually ran out of time at the library yesterday before finishing this section, so it's now Monday, September 16, 2019 and in the afternoon.  I'm going to finish doing the links as well as sharing some recommended reading here:

This is How Holocausts Happen, How Nations Lose Their Humanity by John Pavlovitz.

Right now, I'm starting to write here again at a little after six in the evening.  I'll be breaking camp sometime between seven and seven-thirty tonight (probably, closer to the latter), but I wanted to give you some other things on which to chew that I hope will be helpful.  They are entries in prompt-inspired blogs I've recently written, and I believe that they will tie in here:

A Slice Of 9-11


August 31, 1959


Where Was I -- And Where Am I Now?...


Could Very Well Be -- And/Or Not...

The next one isn't about the current goings-on, but it's still very relevant if you think about it as it's a kind of nostalgic trip back in time with the last part being about a time where four adults and a 13-year-old girl could go on a road-trip through Mexico without a lot of concerns and when El Paso didn't have all of the nonsense going on around the border that it does now.

The road trip through Mexico isn't written about here but just the idea that there was no fear at the time.  I'll be sharing that trip at a later time, but I'll just say here that it will be a trip that I remember for so long as I have a good memory.

Motels From Hell


On this note, I'm going to make this my last addition of the day here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is September 17.  A few days ago, I mentioned to a friend who thought that Muslims were pure evil and false that there was also a covenant made by God to take care of them.

She asked where it could be found in the Bible, and I told her that I'd get the location and share it with her and anybody else who was interested.

It's Genesis 21: 1-21

You can find several different Bible translations by going to Bible Gateway.  Choose one or more that are comfortable to you and read this passage there.

Another thing I want to share is info (found at Wikipedia) about The Transfiguration Of Jesus.

Here is where this story (along with other material-of-interest) of can be found in the first three Gospels:

Matthew:  Chapter 17

Mark:  Chapter 9

Luke:  Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~