Saturday, October 1, 2016

The "Perfect" POTUS


People are always talking about how Barack Obama is our first Black President.  However, that's not really true.  He's not even our first President to have recent Black blood coursing through his veins.  That honor goes to ...  actually, that honor might go to several Presidents, though the one I've heard it said about the most is Calvin Coolidge.

It can truly be said, however, that Barack Obama is the one with the most Black blood in him to date.  However, we haven't actually had our first Black President yet (that is, where both parents are much more Black than White).

The accurate description of our current POTUS would be our first bi-racial President.

On the subject of color, I'd like to go off-topic for a bit to tell you about the time that I helped out with this class of preschoolers, and one of the little boys was Black.

He asked me what color he was, and I told him that he was Black -- to which he said, "No I'm not."

"What color do you think you are?" I asked him -- and he replied:  "I'm Orange!"

To that, I responded, "You know?  I think you're right...you ARE Orange!"

Anyway, let's think about a future POTUS.

As for this election, you can find out my choice (along with some general thoughts on the process of electing a President here in the good ol' US of A), by clicking HERE.

Having said that, let's get back to a future election and some of the things that seem to be important to some people (even though the most important thing should be whether or not this chosen leader is capable of carrying out the duties of his/her office in a way that will inspire us to reach high when it comes to what we value in live).

Anyway, this possible choice for POTUS has the following traits (and/or will if elected to this office):

Highly-intelligent & and very perceptive.

First Black President.

First Woman President (unless, of course, this gets done in the November 2016 elections)

A person who has gone from being someone from the wrong side of the tracks to being one of the wealthiest people in America.

And she's also a rape-survivor and an animal-lover.

This person is multi-talented and knows how to interact with people, whether in a one-on-one situation; before a large crowd; or somewhere in-between.

She seems to be very caring and trustworthy -- and has already made a positive difference in a whole lot of lives.

I'm sure she's not perfect, but she'd still make a very good POTUS in my opinion.

She's (as with us all) only human, and she has her faults.

In some ways, she's like an angel -- though, I'm sure not a perfect angel.  I have no idea whether or not she's talented when it comes to how she plays a harp -- but she's amazing with HARPO (which is actually her first name spelled backwards).

Need I say more!?!