Tuesday, October 11, 2016

At This Time In My Life...



Today is Tuesday, October 11, 2016.

My maternal grandparents (George E. "Greeley" Jobe & Fayra Chambers) were married 105 years ago today.

In just two months and a day more, I'll be 64 years old  -- or should I say 64 years young, as I'm one of those people who hasn't quite grown up.  LOL

Anyway, I've told you about bits and pieces of my life here and there, but I just want to share with you where I'm "at" at this particular time.

For one thing, I'm now living in Muncie, Indiana and have been for a little over two years.  This was (at least, I don't believe so) meant to be something permanent, and I'm now getting several signs that it's time to move back to my hometown of Anderson.

Actually, Anderson wasn't really actually my homeTOWN for most of the time when I was growing up, as I only lived (once outside the womb) for a little over a year in the city of Anderson.

My folks and I lived in Apartment #2 in a large house on the northwest corner of Ohio & Bronnenberg Avenues.  At the time, it was owned by Chuck & Jane Atkinson (who also lived there).  Today, it sits empty.  Will it even be standing a few years from now?

The rest of the time, I grew up on a farm that, at one time, sat across from Ace Airport -- and now is across from Madison Park Church Of God's beautiful campus.

There has been quite a bit about our farm in the news as of late, what its future will be, and where I fit into it all.

As I was growing up, I assumed that this special place on the planet would always be part of my life -- however, on Monday, September 9, 2013, I became included in what is known as "the homeless population."

Thankfully, this no longer describes me, and even this challenge has ended up being used to bless both others and myself.

At one time, I had a working minivan.  Today, it's being stored at the farm of a friend until I can afford to get it repaired, licensed, and insured again.

There have been times when being able to drive would really come in handy.  However, I've gotten a wonderful education through having no choice but to either walk, use mass-transit, or (when available) getting from one point to another with thanks to this or that friend.

I've made some amazing discoveries while walking to and from the downtown library over here in Muncie.  I'll be sharing various ones of those with you very soon.

Anyway, I want to have you to go to something I previously wrote that will introduce you to people who can use whatever you feel led to give to them.

In some cases, what you give might actually be something material.

In other cases, it will be sending prayers, love, & positive thoughts their way as well as keeping their stories going.

Some of the people I'm introducing you to/reminding you of include:

A wonderful lady named Rose who has dedicated her life to helping to empower women and girls in her native Tanzania -- and who is going through some health problems of her own at this time.

An itty-bitty baby named Rilynn Michelle Tracy (with an adorable nickname of Princess Pickle) who, at this time, seems to be making wonderful progress in spite of the fact that she was only a little over a foot long and not quite 1 1/2 lbs. when she was born on September 6 instead of waiting until much closer to Christmas to make her entry into the world.

She's now up to almost 2 1/2 lbs.  Not sure how tiny she is now, but I know that she's grown at least a bit.

Anyway, her great-aunt, Michelle (who, as her godmother, I can remember back to when she was just a baby bump), has been doing a really great job of keeping everybody up on the progress of this little princess.

And, of course, there's my very special friend, Larry "The CanMan" Van Ness, who I met (or should I say RE-met LONG STORY ) three years ago this month.  I've been thinking that the day we re-met in 2013 was October 24.  However, I've since read things that make me think that it might have been even a few days earlier than that.  All I know is that it happened three years ago this month.

Anyway, it's getting close to time to call it a day for now.  I'll probably have 30 more minutes tops on here, but "God Willing & The Creek Don't Rise..." I hope to be writing here again come Thursday, October 13, 2016!!!