Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!!!

 



Good Morning!!!

The long-anticipated 2021 has finally arrived, and we're looking at 2020 in our rear-view mirror.

What will 2021 bring our way?

As I've said in Navigating The New Normal, a lot of that will be up to us.

I wrote something last month / last year called The Best Laid Plans... where I talk about meeting /not meeting goals I set for myself for 2019. 

Here is the "Dear Me" I wrote last year.  I began to write it on January 8 and finished writing it on January 31. The reason that it's showing that it was modified on September 18 is that I clicked on the save button by mistake when I had it open in Full-Screen Edit to copy an excerpt from it and updated it even though I never changed anything.

Anyway, I've already made my first New Year's Resolution, and that is to keep doing what I began doing on New Year's Eve.

Here's what I did:

I turned my computer completely off and said that I wouldn't be turning it back on again until the first day of 2021 (likely, in the morning).

Another thing I did was to turn off my overhead light (which has pretty much remained on for much of the time) and closed both doors out of my bedroom / home office (one leading to the bathroom and the other leading out into the rest of my apartment) to further cut down on light in my place beyond what it would take to keep from stumbling over something in total darkness.

My purpose for this is mostly for health benefits -- and there are several of these:

One biggie is to be able to produce Melatonin naturally so that my body will get the most benefit from it.  Even though what I'm doing doesn't go completely along with the natural time-to-sleep schedule that was in our body clocks before electricity became part of our lives and enabled us to work later at night, it's still an improvement over having constant light in the picture along with the temptation to be online at anytime 24/7.

This completely-disorganized time for activity and sleep has been starting to take its toll on my health in various ways, so something needs to change. 

That pretty much sums things up there.

The other biggie is that this will save me money on utilities, so it's all good.

Even when I'm not actually asleep, I'm still in a relaxed position, and I can use this time to reflect on my life and the choices I want to make in 2021 to make it a high quality of life.

Speaking of quality of life, I wrote something on that subject recently.  It's actually a retelling of a story I read over fifty years ago.  If you want to read it, GO HERE.

Anyway, it's now almost three-thirty in the afternoon, and here's how things are:

I actually turned on my computer and began to do online activity sometime after seven this morning beginning with updating the appearance of this blog to reflect that we were into a new month and a new year.

Later, I turned my TV back on.  It was tuned to The Twilight Zone marathon -- and that's where it still is.  I haven't even looked at other channels such as The Weather Channel and CNN.

Also, I haven't been back on Facebook and Twitter yet.

I haven't even turned my overhead light back on yet and am typing this using natural light and the light from my bathroom now that the door is open again.

My hiatus has lasted longer than I thought it would, and I'm loving it!!!

Before long -- and I still don't know exactly when -- I'll be checking around to see what's been happening while I've been hibernating.

At this time, I believe that my next time I go out to shop will be this Tuesday, and I'll be mostly continuing to relax on Monday along with catching up with making sure that the bills I pay online are getting paid.

For now, I'm just enjoying the long holiday weekend.

I'm going to close this blog-entry with a song that describes the best way to live your life when it comes to new beginnings.  This song doesn't mean to just sit around and wait for life to happen.  It's simply a song of reassurance for no matter where life takes you.

Happy 2021 to you and yours!!!



glitter-graphics.com