Saturday, October 17, 2020

Meet Anderson, Indiana Residents Larry "The CanMan" Van Ness & Ainsley Jo "PenLady" Phillips







Today (meaning the day that I'm writing this blog-entry) is Saturday, October 17, 2020. 

A week from today will make seven years since Larry and I became friends -- even though I actually met him on at least two occasions even before then.

Right around this time in 1966, I met his name when it was being written over and over by my best friend who thought she'd met her Mr. Right.

As I would find out later, Larry didn't have any idea that she felt that way about him at the time.

This is a story that I've written about in the past and plan on including it in my memoirs in the near future.

In 2003, I met him when he checked on me to see if I were okay when he noticed me while I was napping in my minivan, and he wanted to make sure that I was okay.  I learned that he liked getting out and collecting cans, but I didn't know why.

The third time was when I thought he needed a ride on a chilly, rainy day, and I had plenty of time, so I offered him a ride -- only to find out that he didn't need one.

Anyway, the whole story of those three main meetings will be in my memoirs before long.

As you've probably figured out by now, I'm -- in simple terms -- a writer.

People ask me what I write, and I believe that th
is pretty much says it all in a thumbnail sketch kind of way.

Another thing you might also wonder is whether or not I started calling myself PenLady to match Larry's CanMan.

The answer is no.

This was part of a handle I chose for myself when I first started using the Internet back in 1998.

Anyway -- long story short -- I just wanted to make a blog-entry showing our pictures and sharing a couple of links where you can find out more about each of us.


Larry "The CanMan" Van Ness

Ainsley Jo "The PenLady" Phillips


I hope you like what you see and will share it.



glitter-graphics.com