Wednesday, September 16, 2020

A Little, Old Lady & A Young Cab Driver


I'd read this story before, but it had been awhile, and the experience of reading it again was at least as moving if not more so than the first time I read it.

It needs to be shared over and over again, so I've made a special blog-entry featuring it to make it easier to find and share.

I hope you'll pass it along to others.



Remember that even what seems like the smallest act of kindness can make a big difference in somebody's life -- and it makes you feel good as well...


Back in the summer of 1975 was one of those times when just doing the right thing was something that lifted the spirits of someone I'd just met, and our first meeting ended up turning into a friendship that has lasted for over 45 years!!!

The story is called...


Because I Was Craving An Orange...


...and it begins with my looking for somebody who had twenty cents to spare (short-term loan) or change for a twenty-dollar bill so that I could go ahead and buy a HUGE yummy-looking navel orange from a vending machine that only accepted nickels, dimes, quarters, and one-dollar bills.


In the story of the cab driver, he had pulled up to what looked like a no-show where he had several choices of what to do next -- with one of them being to just pull away in a New York Minute and get on with making some much-needed money.

For some reason, he chose not to do that and ended up taking a wonderful, priceless journey into the past with a little old lady with her purse along with one travel bag full of what she needed and nothing more...