Friday, June 14, 2019

Driving My Minivan

Story will be starting to appear soon (by or before 2:30 PM on Friday, June 14, 2019), so stay tuned...

UPDATE:  It's now 2:17 PM (Yep!  I did that on purpose!)*, and this story is now beginning...

Anyway, it has been written to go with this Tweet:


*For those of you who don't know what the significance of 2:17 PM / 2:17 AM /or, simply, the number 217 is for me, it just happens to be the birthday of this sweet guy (born February 17, 1947).

Oopsie!  Looks as if I messed up a bit trying to post it at exactly 2:17 PM (Anderson, Indiana time)!  Will need to go back and make repairs, so be watching for improvements.

Okay!  It seems to be fixed for now, so I'm going to go ahead and put up the repaired version and, then, continue with the story...

IMPORTANT NOTE: 
This blog-entry will be experiencing a lot of activity throughout this day, so peek back ever so often to check it out.


Here is the game plan for this blog-entry (as I see it now here on Friday, June 14, 2019):
It will be added to through June 12, 2022.

Why this particular date?

June 12 is my half-birthday, and I bought AJ's Groovy Igloo (my name for my 2002 Pontiac Montana, FYI, if you've just started reading my story about this amazing vehicle) in June of 2002, so this will be around the 20th anniversary of when I found my dream vehicle (click here for something I shared recently: a blog-entry wishing the neat guy who sold AJ's Groovy Igloo to me way-back-then a happy 45th Birthday -- meaning that he had just turned 28 when he sold it to me and I was 49 -- as well as including a slice-of-life from the first big road-trip I took after buying it).

Anyway, I have a lot of old memories to share about driving around in AJ's Groovy Igloo -- and I hope to start making some new memories with it before the month is over and will STILL be making new memories in it on June 12, 2022.

Stay tuned for the journey...

............
6/15/2019
The first thing I'm going to do today is to share a LINK to something I wrote yesterday that brings the dreams of Larry (counting his 20,000,000th tab before June's over) and me (having AJ's Groovy Igloo road-ready before June's over) together.

I'll probably be back later on today to share some more stories about the early days of my minivan and me...

...
............