Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Next To Last Saturday In September 2019

Having a short day in the library.  As I did yesterday when I wrote T.G.I.F. (Again!), I'm going to add a little bit to it here and there until I break camp (likely, around five, give or take, unless I get called away earlier for some reason).

Anyway, I want to make my first two status reports I wrote at Facebook the first two things that I share here.  As you'll see, they're very important, so I want to make them as shareable as possible...





After that, who knows what I'll be sharing throughout the day!?!  Just keep checking back here for updates...





Just saw Larry a few minutes ago, and he's still eager to go up to Frankton, Indiana to their festivities today even if he did miss the parade.  If you see him and can get him there, please invite him to come along.  Going to make a blog-entry about this that will let you know what's going on in Frankton this weekend.

AND while I was typing the paragraph above THIS one, I saw Larry AGAIN!!!  Will update you in the next thing I embed here...





These aren't all of the videos ever made of Larry, but I found several of them close together, so I'm going to arrange them here in order of when they were done just to give you a taste of just how awesome this guy is...

Three Years Ago (11,000,000 counted and going towards his 12th million!):

Two Years Ago (Got his plaque for counting 13 million tabs on his 70th birthday [February 17, 2017] and was already into counting towards his 14,000,000th tab!):

One Year Ago (15,000,000 down and working towards 16,000,000!):

Nine Months Ago (18,000,000 counted and hoping to reach 19,000,000 by the end of the year):


Larry counted his 20,000,000th tab this June from his new home and is now about halfway to his 21,000,000th tab counted since he began doing this back in 2003 and only expecting to count a million (which he thought would take him somewhere between three and five years to do).


Here's a place where you can send tabs from anywhere in the world that delivers mail -- but be sure to get sufficient postage attached so that Larry will be sure to receive what you send:

Larry Van Ness
c/o Old National Bank
1501 North Broadway
Anderson
Indiana
46012
USA




I've actually been back online for quite awhile but haven't gotten over here to post anything, but I believe this little glimpse of a recently-discovered place called The Dapper Cat will attract your attention.

If you live in the area, I hope you'll show up there...



Getting ready to break camp soon and hoping to be back online tomorrow.  Not sure about Monday but could be on for awhile very early.  However, I don't want to miss the baked potato bar at my apartment building that will be happening at four that day.


glitter-graphics.com

Therefore, this is where I end this blog-entry.  I hope that Larry got to go to part of the Heritage Day festivities.  Will be finding out later on when I talk to him.  Whatever he ended up doing today will be very worthwhile, I'm sure, and I can hardly wait to hear about it!

One of the things I'll be doing tomorrow when I get here is to check my mail and see what's been going on.  However, for now...