Saturday, February 2, 2019

It's Been Fifteen Years Since My Dad Passed Away


In Loving Memory

of
Raymond Woodford "Ray" Phillips
November 5, 1917
~~~
February 4, 2004




Introduction:

Names on obituary pages. . .names on tombstones. . .a story behind each one that's worth telling--and I feel so blessed and so sad at the same time to be telling this story: 

Sad. . .because of where I'm telling the story.

Blessed. . .to be able to write well enough to at least begin to do justice to the characters who make up this story--and so much more blessed to have actually spent my entire life, to date, knowing and loving those wonderful people!

Raymond W. Phillips. . .a name on an obituary page. . .a name soon to be etched on a tombstone in the Cunot Cemetery. . .in more technical terms, now a death statistic.

He was a man with a loving heart who doted on his wife and daughter and loved them both unconditionally.

No doubt some decisions his daughter made in life might have disappointed him--though you could never get him to admit to as much--but he never stopped loving her and being proud of her, and I don't believe that anything could have changed that.

His daughter is a writer--as she sometimes puts it, "At least, I claim to be a writer--what better excuse for pigging out and taking road trips than to say I'm looking for writing material!"--and Ray was always proud about this and did whatever he was able to do in order for her to live this dream of being a fulltime writer.

I'm that daughter, and I hope you enjoy the incredibly-beautiful love story I'm sharing here.

Love & God Bless!
Ainsley Jo Phillips

Click Here to read more.

I'm going to be adding to this blog-entry through February 13, 2019, which will be 15 years since his earthly remains were laid to rest in Cunot Cemetery.

...