Saturday, November 10, 2018

"This Land Is Your Land...This Land Is My Land..."

Today is Saturday, November 10, 2018.  Tomorrow is Veterans Day.  This post is one of the ways I'm celebrating and will be adding to it throughout the day today.  Tomorrow, I'll make another special post.  Monday, I'll make another one.


This is a TweetSequence I made with the main theme of it being the haunting Vietnam Era song by The Association called Requiem For The Masses.  The message is as relevant today as it was back then.


This song was actually the B-side of this popular and beautiful romantic song...although I believe that the original intent of The Association to make Requiem For The Masses the A-Side and Never My Love the B-Side.

I discovered Requiem For The Masses in 1968 (the second semester of my freshman year of high school) when I wanted to see what the B-Side of Never My Love sounded like.  For those who haven't heard it, this is what Never My Love sounds like.



When I bought it, it reminded me of a senior named Chad whom I was dating at the time.  By the time I investigated Side-B, Chad and I were history, and I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo smitten with a Tom Jones lookalike math teacher named Jerry that I burned a skillet full of fried potatoes in HomeEc class because he happened to come in the classroom and I went into a staring trance.  But, of course, that's a whole other story.

Right around that same time, one of my classmates, Diana, was feeling tons of joy because her brother's ship didn't set sail for Vietnam until after his time in active duty had come to an end.

I remember her excitedly telling everybody that Bill was coming home!!!



(to be continued...)

xxx